If you’re trying to find out what types of companies sanitize offices or factories (and not just clean) the differences between janitorial services or medical cleaning can seem blurry.
There are three basic types of cleaning companies that sanitize homes, offices, or factories–and while they might look similar to each other, the differences can be large when it comes to results.
3 types of companies that sanitize offices, homes, or factories
1. Maid services (for homes)
Maid services are exactly what everyone thinks when they think of a home cleaning company, so we won’t list the list of what they do. Some of the advantages of maid services, however, are:
- Small chores, like laundry or dishes, are often done by maid services
- Busy families with a large budget can hire a full-time maid who can also help with additional errands, from cooking to dry cleaning
However, the disadvantages, if you’re looking for home sanitation companies, are:
- Even a good maid is not trained in sterilization techniques
- Their equipment is often exactly what yo9u already have at home, so while it may be convenient the cleaning or sanitation is often not that much better than what you could do yourself
- True deep-cleans are rare because with those tools cleaning down every inch of wall or furniture would take too long to be worth it
So if your priority is tiding the house (and having as many household chores as possible taken off your plate) a maid company may be a good fit for you.
However, if you want sanitation services, we don’t suggest maid services.
2. Janitorial companies (for offices or factories)
Janitorial services can be a consistent way to keep your building or space looking nice. A clean entrance, a nice-smelling lobby, and shiny floors are a great first impression for clients, potential staff, or business partners.
Typically, janitorial services are scheduled for a regular basis depending on the needs of the company or organization–daily, weekly, or bi-weekly are normally the most common. The services, from most to least frequent, typically included are:
- Emptying trash
- Restroom cleaning
- Floors (sweeping, mopping, vacuuming)
- Cleaning of employee break rooms or kitchens
However, as you’ll see, janitorial companies don’t do specialty types of cleaning–including sanitation services. If you need something in particular done for a one-time project, or in regular addition to janitorial companies, you’ll likely want a commercial cleaning company.
3. Commercial cleaning companies (for houses, factories, and offices)
Commercial cleaning companies overlap with both maids services and janitorial services in certain areas. Most or all will offer:
- Floor mopping, vacuuming, finishing, waxing, etc
- Surface cleaning of kitchens and bathrooms
- Emptying trashes
- Disinfection of kitchens and bathrooms
- Disinfections of doorknobs, light switches, work stations, etc
- Full-room fogging (which additionally disinfects the floor, walls, windows, and ceiling)
- Carpet shampooing or deep cleaning
- Tile and grout cleaning
- Furniture and upholstery cleaning
- Window washing
- Power washing
And some will additionally offer truly specific services such as:
- Post-trauma or post-death cleanup
- Biohazard waste removal
- Mold, water, fire, or smoke remediation
- Post-demolition clean-up
- Environmental remediation
If you want small services done, a full commercial cleaning company may not be the right fit for you. However, if you want sanitation services or want to truly clean your space, commercial cleaning companies often do what maids or janitors do and then some.
And, whether you’re looking for maid services, janitorial services, or commercial cleaning services, if you’re in Central Connecticut click here for your custom quote.
But now that you know what types of companies sanitize offices and factories, you can make the best choice possible for your building.